Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bridge Over Troubled Waters

When the darkness of the night enters the crevices of life's sorrows and the weight of that pain bends our spirit, friendships' love gently sprinkles sunlight into the darkness. The illumination creating upward mobility; forcing lifted spirits. It is friendship's magic that stretches across the monstrous waves of disappointment and grief. As 2013 ended, an epiphany reminded me how abundantly grateful I am to have such friends in my life.  Their smiles, laughter, kindness and endless uplifting words and deeds have pulled me from the grips of heartache into tomorrow's hope.  I'm selfishly counting on their unmatched cup of goodness filled with outrageous silliness to continue runneth over. 

As I journey from one Chapter to another Life's Chapter, I'm reminded of studies relating to Regrets of the Dying.  The studies revealed the top five regrets:

1. I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me. (the most common regret of all)
2. I wish I hadn't worked so hard.
3. I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends. 
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier.

What's your greatest regret so far, and what will you set out to achieve or change before you die?

It's a wrap! Thanks to all who have read my blog.  Your extraordinary encouragement, humbling and gracious feedback have been the  bridge over my trouble waters. 

***Special thanks to my pain in the butt friends/family who have their foot on my neck encouraging me to pursue other dreams (you know who you are).

Bella Vita!

No comments:

Post a Comment