Sunday, October 28, 2012

Gotta have it!

Twelve years ago, my life changed after being stalked by a man who later became my husband. Well, stalking is the word his co-worker used.

I noticed my husband for the first time in the cafeteria of the federal building (we both were employed there). A co-worker and I were chatting over breakfast about my pending divorce, and I looked up to what appeared to be a happily smiling guy.

He walked over and introduced himself. After some small talked, we discovered we were both in the final stages of our divorces.  He indicated he was casually dating and said one lady was quite a bit younger than he (I'm a year older than he, which means she is quite a bit younger than I). I jokingly said to him, whoever she is, she is going to wish that she looked half as good as I do when she is my age. Oh yes!  This remark got a reaction.

After that first encounter, he would mysteriously pop up at breakfast the exact same time as I (hint: the stalking).

What eventually sealed the deal?  It was the last day of The Texas State Fair; I stopped by his office to agree to him taking me. However, it was a Friday and his co-worker stated he was gone for the weekend. I decided to leave a note simply stating that I stopped by and was going to say yes to the fair. I signed the note Shelia and prepared to be off of work until the middle of the next week to celebrate my birthday.

I later found out that upon his return to work on Monday, he began a woman-hunt in hopes of tracking me down after receiving my note. He did not know my last name, my telephone number or the floor that I worked on. However, he did know the federal agency that I worked for and proceeded to the Human Resource Department.  Mission:  Retrieve my last name and telephone number. Equipped with only my first name and a description of me, he pleaded with the staff that he HAD to locate this girl,and he was eventually able to obtain my information. 

Surprise! Surprise!  That is what I felt when I returned to work and retrieved his voice message. I phoned him and got the entire rundown of how he obtained my telephone number. I later agreed to lunch and as the saying goes, the rest is history.

For our 12th anniversary (August 4th), we took a drive down to the Houston/Galveston area. We had an incredible stay at the Four Seasons and enjoyed the Galveston area.  

  A few photos:



 Gene loves him some Shipley's Donuts.  They are so popular in Houston that they are open 24 hours.




 The Four Seasons in Houston was fabulous.



We were silly willy at the Forrest Gump restaurant on Galveston Island.

 We had a lovely dinner at a local restaurant in Houston.




 We thought we would kick up heels a little downtown Houston.

No comments:

Post a Comment