Wednesday, June 20, 2012

No apology -No regrets!


You don't remember what?  I recently had the pleasure of chatting it up with an 85-year-old lady.  How the time passes was the initiator of the conversation.  She went on to state that she has no idea the number of times that she's been married.  My first husband, another lady that he subsequently married, and I, all attended the same church, she stated.  At his funeral, the lady said to me,  "I want to apologize to you for taking your husband."  I told her, "You don't owe me an apology, you didn't take him away for me - he just did what he wanted to do."  And, I remember my last husband, she stated.  She went on to say, "But that was me, I just got tired of his ass." Finally, she stated, " I don't even remember the others.''  I asked if she had any regrets - she said, " I wouldn't change a thing".  For me, this was profound.  I'm thinking she could educate us all. 

If I'm so lucky as to have my past beckon me at 85, no matter how the pendulum swings, I hope that I, too, can utter No Regrets!

No comments:

Post a Comment