Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Better Today

Today, I stumbled upon a misplaced song a friend had asked me to listen to several years ago.  I listened to it for the first time today and shared it with a couple of close friends.  The entitled song, 'Better Today' by Coffey Anderson is just simply beautiful.  Simply put, It's a wedding song that tells the story of having to look no further because he's found the love of his life and his life is better today because of it. 

On the surface, it's clearly a song for lovers.  However, when I scratched beneath the surface, I found it to be much more.  I discovered it's a song about love - all love (romantic and platonic).  Indisputable, my life has been made better many todays by the numerous people I've met as I traveled along my life's journey. 

My life has been made better today when a girlfriend phone to say, "I just wanted to tell you that I love you".

My life has been made better today when I received a card in the mail from a dear friend that read, "Thanks for being an awesome friend."

My life has been made better today when I received an email from a special friend that stated, "Your blog posting is a blessing and thanks for sharing."

Take a moment and think of the many better todays that happen in your life daily and soak in the gratitude for such kindness and friendship.   

Listen to, 'Better Today', download on iTunes and surprise your special person with it and a dance.  Happy better today!







No comments:

Post a Comment