Sunday, April 22, 2012

It's Your Thing

With 50 just over the horizons, I find myself not dreading it entirely; due in part to witnessing a couple of fabulous ladies reach this milestone.  They sure make 50 look dynamic.  However, this doesn't mean that getting older is swell.  It certainly comes with its wonders.  I'm already considering investing in adult diapers. Just recently, I saw a commercial with celebrity Lisa Rinna endorsing Depends.   I'm thinking around 45, gravity is ferocious.  Every body part starts to go south.  Breasts are lying in your lap and your butt is dragging the damn floor.  To try and combat this downward spiral, I call it working up; instead of working out.  There is a need for everything to stand up. This weekend, husband and I attended my sorority sister's Fierce, Fabulous and Fifty celebration. What I most admired is that she did it her way.  There were enlarged photographs that chronicled her life.  Songs were played that she boogied to from early teens to current.  She and her diva girlfriends entertained us with a choreographed danced rendition. Her favorite artist mesmerized us with a full concert.  Yes, the incomparable Michael Jackson impressionist Billy Jeaned and Thrilled us.  The beautiful Karen Dunlap welcomed a tender toss from her husband.  Her radiant smile stamped the night, Celebrating the Life of Karen Dunlap was indeed done her way.

 I'm starting to feel Sexy 50 bubbling up around me. 


 The Fierce, Fabulous and Fifty Karen


No comments:

Post a Comment