Friday, February 17, 2012

The Beautiful Ones


This 'Mona Lisa' was taken this past Xmas (2011).  I love this photograph because it beautifully depicts the various shades of 'beauty.'  I often look at myself in the mirror and pick out all my imperfections.  Sometimes, we are our biggest critics.  Just recently, I was having breakfast at the Waffle House in Plano with one of my 'new' best friends.  We were both admiring each other’s beauty.  We notably look amazing for our age.  Heck, we look fabulous for any age.  All of my friends would consider me a fashionista.  As a matter of fact, a dear friend had a poem compose for a past birthday referencing it.  I will share later.  Anyway, I commented to my 'new' friend that I wish that I could go just one day without someone giving me a compliment on my looks and/or attire.  She stated, "I don't think you really mean that, you know what the alternative would be."  So, I thought about it for a hot second and decided I rather be tormented with the compliments.  Be careful what you ask for, it's wonderful to be thought of in such a flattering way. The reason I regretted the compliments is because I didn't feel that way on the inside.   I will be more grateful.  You guys have to admit, this picture is a thing of 'beauty'.

No comments:

Post a Comment