Saturday, March 10, 2012

Caution to the wind

“20 years from now you will be disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the one’s you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover” ~ Mark Twain

If you've been reading my posts, you know that I'm striving to live an authentic life. Reality check!  It's not an easy undertaking.  I've discovered that it is a constant pursuit that requires always being present.  I once had a discussion with a friend concerning the authenticity of a decision that was being anticipated.  The friend insisted that time will reveal.  I often thought about that, 'time will reveal'.  I don't think that I agree.  However, there is some validity.  I'm certain that it's not the fearless thing to do - wait on time.  However, it certainly will reveal one's tenacity or weakness; and the consequences thereafter.  I believe that waiting on time is at a minimal; cowardice. Courageousness boosts your chances to live your best life.  It's the difference between ordinary and extraordinary.  I've often heard the saying, "My heart don't beat on fear".  Disappointingly, it's often just that - a saying; which is why I was enticed by the above quote because too often many of us choose not to be true to ourselves; but rather allow the voices of others drown out our own inner voice.  It is our challenge to make our life a masterpiece.  20 years from now, will you be disappointed by the things you didn't do? Why not start building that masterpiece today?

No comments:

Post a Comment